NEED POLICE OR EMS?
If your call is an emergency, ALWAYS call 911.
If your call is not an emergency, please call Hale County Sheriff office at the following numbers:
The Sheriff office will dispatch the Hale Center police by radio and more efficiently than Hale Center City Hall.
© 2010 City of Hale Center, TX. All Rights Reserved.
Chief of Police
Municipal Court Clerk
PROHIBITED ITEMS FOR ALLEY DUMPSTERS & ROLLOFFS AT RECYCLING CENTER
2. TOXIC, HAZARDOUS OR INDUSTRIAL WASTE or CONTAINERS including the following, BUT not limited to:
- Diesel or fuel filters (contains benzene and other harmful chemicals)
- Batteries (auto or equipment batteries) (Lead and Acids)
- Treated or tainted seeds of any kind including bags
- Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides, and Rodenticides
- Lead base paints and Paint Thinners (all types)
- All Solvents and Degreasers
- Oil and Chemical Varnishes
- Asbestos waste of any type (including insulation, siding, or shingles)
- Dead Animals or Slaughter House Waste
- Sludge or Septic Tank Sludge
3. MEDICAL WASTE
- Infectious or Pathological Waste from hospitals, laboratories, research facilities, health care or nursing homes and veterinary facilities, and private home care for the ill or elderly.
- Syringes or needles (sharps)
4. APPLIANCES AND APPLIANCE ITEMS
- Refrigerators (contains Freon gas)
- Air conditioners, including window types (contains Freon gas)
- Florescent light ballast’s contains PCBs
5. Heavy Metal Items, such as, but not limited to:
- Major appliances (televisions, micro-wave oven's stoves, evaporative air conditioners / coolers, Etc.)
- White goods (tubs, sinks, lavatories, and toilets)
6. No Carpets or Furniture
7. Dirt, Sand, Rocks, Concrete, Cement, Etc.
8. Building Materials, such as, but not limited to:
- Lumber (will accept only small quantities not to exceed 18 inches in length and not to exceed size of a 2”x 4” board)
9. No bulk kennel waste
10. Fencing materials or wire
11. Tree limbs, leaves, brush trimmings, or Christmas trees (all compost type material)
12. Grass Clippings (compost)
13. Burning or Smoldering Materials (Fireplace ashes, or stove ashes, etc.)
14. Empty containers that have been used to store herbicides, poisons, pesticides or
other chemicals must be rinsed twice before placing in the waste container for
Water Billing Clerk